Samer has extensive experience leading complex audit engagements for global investment banks, FTSE 100 banks, sovereign wealth funds, investment managers, international and local banks. He has directed the audit of financial services teams of clients that have multi-location operations, in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
He was instrumental in the formation of the UK Islamic finance practice and developed new products and solutions to deliver to all UK Islamic financial institutions, FTSE 100 banks and global investment banks, which saw him becoming de facto UK Head of Islamic Finance in 2009 and Global Head in 2013.
As Global Head of Islamic Finance, Samer played a key role in the industry lobbying of the British government which resulted in the launch of the UK Government Sukuk which was oversubscribed 10 times.
Samer was seconded to the British Government to lead the strategy to develop the UK as a hub for Islamic finance and deliver a strategy to increase financial services trade between the UK and the Arabian Gulf states.
Samer is an avid public speaker having presented at industry conferences on Islamic finance and is often quoted in the press including the Financial Times, Sunday Times and City AM.
- BSc Economics from the London School of Economics
- Certified Islamic Professional Accountant, AAOIFI
- Diploma in Islamic Banking and Insurance
- ACCA Certificate in IPSAS
- Fellow Member of the ACCA
- Associate Member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers
- Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment