Dr. Osama is the Head of Assurance at Grant Thornton. He has 2 decades of professional experience in auditing, accounting, risk management and other service lines such as due diligence, transaction deals and fraud and dispute investigations within the Middle East and Wider Gulf Region.
Dr. Osama has extensive industry experience in investment, real estate, hospitality, manufacturing, construction, trading, and government sectors to name a few.
During his profession, Dr. Osama has gained a wealth of experience in IFRS, US GAAP and SOCPA (Saudi GAAP) and IPSAS from leading engagements of significant and listed organisations in the region. He was instrumental in helping government institutions identify the gap between the accounting framework and IPSAS in order to select and implement the appropriate accounting standards. Dr.Osama has also conducted multiple workshops, lectures and courses about accounting standards and various managerial topics.
Dr. Osama holds a PhD in Finance, a Bachelor's Degree of Commerce from Ain Shams University in Egypt and a Certified Public Accounting certification (CPA) from Chicago, Illinois, United States of America.
- B.Com, Ain Shamce University in Egypt
- Master in Applying Business Research
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Egypt
- Affiliate of the Dubai Economic Chamber and the Auditors and Accounting Association of the UAE