Hisham is the CEO of Grant Thornton UAE who has successfully led the firm’s offices in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah for over 10 years. With a focus on innovation with exemplary leadership, he has played a key role in transforming the firm into one of the fastest growing companies in the UAE.
Hisham is well-known for leading high-profile advisory engagements for some of the largest international conglomerates and local groups mainly in the finance, hospitality, real estate and construction, FMCG, and family business sectors.
He has worked closely with various financial institutions, providing advice on regulatory and compliance matters, whilst supporting firms with dispute resolution as an expert witness on arbitration cases across industries.
Hisham sits on the board of numerous companies in the UAE and region, including HBS Club in the GCC.
Hisham is a patron and avid mentor for entrepreneurial businesses and dynamic SMEs. He advises and mentors through TechStars, Fintech Hive, and Endeavor, helping develop the startup ecosystem in the region. He is a also a supporter of gender equality and part of the 30 % Club of the GCC and Reach to support and female entrepreneurs.
- Harvard Business School, Program for Leadership Development
- Oxford Leadership Programme, Oxford University
- Partner Development Program, GTI
- The American University in London, MBA Finance
- The American University in Cairo
- Member of the Corporate Finance Faculty
- Registered Auditor, UAE Ministry of Economy
- Registered with the Ministry of Justice
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner with the DIFC
- Member of the Board of Governors for Grant Thornton International Ltd., London
- Advisory Board Member of Fintech Galaxy
- Member of YPO (Young Presidents' Organization)
- Mentor for Endeavor, Reach, 30% Club - GCC Chapter and TechStars