- Grant Thornton reports annual growth figures
Grant Thornton reports 8.1% growth rate and record global revenues of $4.5 billion
Grant Thornton today announced record combined global revenues of US$4.5 billion driven by 8.1% growth in US dollars (8.9% in local currency) for the year ended 30 September 2013. Grant Thornton led the six major global accounting organisations in reported revenue growth rate in 2012, and does so again in 2013.
“While we are pleased to report strong growth results, our focus as a global organisation remains unchanged in first providing high quality services to our clients and helping them unlock their potential for growth,” said Ed Nusbaum, global CEO of Grant Thornton.
- Workforce grew by 7.6% to 38,543 people in 134 countries.
Service line growth
- Assurance services grew 3.3% (4.1% in local currency) to US$1.96 billion
- Tax services grew 1.8% (2.5% in local currency) to US$925 million
- Advisory services grew 20.2% (21.1% in local currency) to US$1.3 billion
- Outsourcing services grew 18.8% (20.1% in local currency) to US$258 million.
- Regional revenue growth
- North America revenues grew 5.9% (6.1% in local currency) to US$1.87 billion
- Latin America revenues grew 16.1% (21.4% in local currency) to US$169 million
- Europe revenues grew 12.4% (12.0% in local currency) to US$1.78 billion
- Asia Pacific revenues fell 2.1% (1.2% in local currency) to US$567 million
- Africa revenues grew 23.6% (35.2% in local currency) to US$99 million
- Middle East revenues grew 19.9% (21.9% in local currency) to US$37 million
- nine new member firms in Bangladesh, Belgium, Dominican Republic, Eastern Caribbean, Ethiopia, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Nigeria, Tunisia.
- additional member firm M&A expansions in Canada, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway Paraguay, Senegal, South Africa, Taiwan, US, and the UK.
Investing in our communities - corporate social responsibility
Grant Thornton member firms have gone to great lengths to support communities through educational, charity, environmental and healthcare initiatives. These have included:
- Global: Eradicating polio - Grant Thornton is proud to support Rotary International, in its campaign to eradicate polio. Since 1979, Rotary has helped reduced, by 99% the number of polio cases. Led by the Chicago office, Grant Thornton people have been fundraising in their local offices to provide support to this campaign
- Mexico: Supporting vulnerable people - Grant Thornton Mexico supports the charity 'Fundación Fraternidad Sin Fronteras', that helps improve the lives of children, adults and the elderly who are homeless and have mental disabilities. The firm has worked with this charity for over 20 years and gives regular donations from money, to goods, to pro bono accounting and marketing work.
- Ireland: Inspiring young people to reach their potential - Grant Thornton Ireland helps over 100 young adults from Trinity College, Dublin, as mentors and teachers to inspire and motivate the students to grow and to embrace their potential. These young adults come from non-traditional backgrounds who face barriers to entering higher education and professional development opportunities.
- Vietnam: Supporting Operation Smile (OSV) - Operation Smile provides free surgeries for children and young adults with facial deformities such as cleft lips and palate. Grant Thornton Vietnam has been providing financial and logistical support, as well as volunteers to the charity for over 12 years. Their support has helped the charity run more surgeries and more training for medical practitioners who support OSV to fulfil its vision of 'changing lives one smile at a time.'
- India: Grant Thornton India supports the Autism Centre of Excellence (ACE), an initiative of The Special Child Trust to transform the autism education landscape in India by building a not-for-profit centre for high quality research based education that trains teachers and educates children. Its goal is to create a world class facility for individuals with special needs of all functionalities focusing on autism and other developmental delays, providing a holistic education based on sound scientific principles and preparing them for maximum independence in the social environment.
Investing in our people - workplace awards
Grant Thornton Canada named for sixth consecutive year as Great Place to Work.
Grant Thornton US named in Crain’s Business Best Places to Work, Vault.com’s 'Accounting 50,' and Working Mother’s Best Companies.
Grant Thornton UK named Best Provider of Internships and Placements by the Rate My Placement Awards, and 'Global Firm of the Year' at the British Accountancy Awards.
- A survey of more than 200,000 business and engineering students from 12 of the world’s largest economies named Grant Thornton one of the top 50 most attractive global employers, placing 35th. The survey was conducted as part of the Universum Annual Student Survey. In placing in the top 50, Grant Thornton is “distinguished as an ideal employer in the professional services sector.”
Director of Public Relations and External Affairs
T +1 312 602 8955