- News Centre
- Hisham Farouk talks with Gulf Business on our firm’s response to the pandemic
- For the SMEs outside of the banks’ radar - Al Bayan
- How startups and SMEs can navigate the COVID-19 crisis - EntrepreneurME
- Can EXPO 2020 be best experienced by the world in today's crisis?
- Dubai bank relief to avert defaults - Khaleej Times
- Coronavirus: Business owners hail Abu Dhabi stimulus package - Gulf News
- UAE businesses hail UAE Central Bank’s AED 100 bn stimulus - AMEinfo
- UAE banks will have to process consumer complaints within timeframe
- New workplace guidebook for students launches in the Emirates
- UAE businesses still have gaps in cyber space
- Online Recruitment Fraud - The Business Breakfast at Dubai Eye 103.8
- James Tebbs of Grant Thornton UAE: “To develop resilience, take responsibility for your mistakes”
- World's fourth largest: Dubai-Abu Dhabi gas field discovery to boost UAE’s economic growth
- Borrowing costs in UAE could drop in 2020
- Dubai Islamic shareholders approve the acquisition of "Noor Bank"
- Will UAE's mega plan to shape the next five decades boost business confidence?
- Saudi Aramco likely to hit $2trln valuation target
- How healthy is your VAT position?
- Financial experts welcome insolvency law for individuals
- Markets to stay bearish ahead of Aramco IPO
- Budget: Education gets front bench
- MEED Annual Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- FinTech Abu Dhabi culminates with focus on next generation
- ADGM welcomes Grant Thornton to its list of Professional Firms
- FinX Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- Case Study: Grant Thornton UAE achieve efficiency with ONESOURCE
- ICAEW adds Grant Thornton Exec to Corporate Finance Panel
- 2018 2018
- Global profit outlook weakens while GCC remains optimistic
- Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations
- Tax Procedures Law issued in the UAE
- VAT Alert - March 2017
- Cost of VAT to the insurance industry
- CFOs are urged to prepare now
- GCC nations plan simultaneous VAT rollout by 1 January 2018
- Leveraging ERP to create value
- VAT is set to truly be taxing
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
- Islamic Finance and Christian Finance: A shared heritage
- Annual global survey finds senior business roles held by women up slightly to 24%
- UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead.
- Strategic challenges highlighted for the UAE insurance sector
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Economic Outlook report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Islamic finance & oil prices: where to now?
- Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
- Hisham Farouk, CEO of Grant Thornton, says it would be advisable for companies to start considering ERP implementation prior to the official VAT date
- Middle East & Africa offers strong market growth for dynamic businesses, with the UAE leading in the region.
- Think responsibly: CSR reporting
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change say Grant Thornton and ACCA
- Digital: The next frontier for hotels
- Outsourcing: Going beyond technical expertise
- Dubai calling: Franchising opportunities in the gateway to the Middle East
- United Arab Emirates Economic Overview 2015
- Oil Prices: Where, Why And What Next?
- Business optimism in the UAE has continued to grow steadily despite the recent instability within the oil & gas sector
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change
- Grant Thornton named as the Strategic Partners of the Year for 2015 with Middle East CFO Alliance
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Hotel 2020 report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Mass personalisation and digital are key for UAE Hotels in run up to 2020
- Women in Eastern Europe point the way to senior management whilst in the UAE the path to leadership gains further support from government initiatives
- Building momentum for the year ahead: Real Estate & Construction outlook
- US$250bn in overseas real estate investment driven by gut feeling rather than data
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'World’s Most Attractive Global Employers'
In the post global financial crisis phase, the question being asked more than ever is: how can private equity deliver its value-added promises? The fourth edition of the Grant Thornton Private Equity Report, an annual survey of 175 senior industry practitioners around the globe, finds a new focus on returns rather than entry multiples; secondary buyouts increasing in importance; and thirdly the significance of management in delivering the new plan.
According to a new Grant Thornton report, the mining sector will herald a new era in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) as a near perfect alignment of factors takes place. Following a slow period for transactions, in which last year’s deal volumes failed to breach the $90bn mark , Grant Thornton’s research and analysis suggests that a fertile environment will next year lead to a doubling in the value of M&A in the mining sector compared to 2013
With momentum building towards the UN Climate Change Conference in Peru, new figures from Grant Thornton’s International Business Report (IBR), a survey of 2,500 companies in 34 economies, reveal that businesses leaders in emerging markets are more focused on the sustainability of their operations compared with peers in developed markets.
Businesses calling for global agreement on tax planning and updated tax rules for a modern, digital economy
As the OECD prepares to deliver the first phase of its BEPS action plan in Australia this week, the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR), a survey of 2,500 senior executives in 34 economies, finds the majority of businesses calling for more transparency on acceptable planning, updated tax rules for a modern, digital economy and the harmonisation of global corporation tax rates.
If your business is at the vital intersection between being ‘medium-sized’ and ‘enterprise-level’, chances are you’ve considered the IPO as a viable option. Going down this route can not only have a liberating impact on your company’s cashflow but can also set you on a path to exponential growth and success. SME Advisor is delighted to present the views of Hisham Farouk, Managing Partner, Grant Thornton UAE.
Earlier this year, Grant Thornton International welcomed the European Parliament’s approval of the Regulation and Directive to reform the European audit market, which will substantially address investor concerns over auditor communication, long tenure, and excessive volume of non-audit services.
A survey of 2,500 businesses in 34 economies finds that businesses are being driven towards more socially and environmentally sustainable practices not simply by brand building or altruism, but because it makes good financial sense. The research, from Grant Thornton’s International Business Report (IBR) also shows that an increasing number of companies report on sustainability while a majority now view integrated reporting as best practice.
New figures from the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR) reveal the highest levels of confidence ever recorded among the global technology community. Expectations for greater profitability and employment are also rising.
Leading expert Hisham Farouk, Managing Partner, Grant Thornton UAE shares his view on international expansion, growth strategies and diminishing trade barriers.
The increased appetite for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) is prevalent at both a regional and global level.