- News centre
- 2018 2018
- Global profit outlook weakens while GCC remains optimistic
- Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations
- Tax Procedures Law issued in the UAE
- VAT Alert - March 2017
- Cost of VAT to the insurance industry
- CFOs are urged to prepare now
- GCC nations plan simultaneous VAT rollout by 1 January 2018
- Leveraging ERP to create value
- VAT is set to truly be taxing
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
- Islamic Finance and Christian Finance: A shared heritage
- Annual global survey finds senior business roles held by women up slightly to 24%
- UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead.
- Strategic challenges highlighted for the UAE insurance sector
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Economic Outlook report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Islamic finance & oil prices: where to now?
- Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
- Hisham Farouk, CEO of Grant Thornton, says it would be advisable for companies to start considering ERP implementation prior to the official VAT date
- Middle East & Africa offers strong market growth for dynamic businesses, with the UAE leading in the region.
- Think responsibly: CSR reporting
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change say Grant Thornton and ACCA
- Digital: The next frontier for hotels
- Outsourcing: Going beyond technical expertise
- Dubai calling: Franchising opportunities in the gateway to the Middle East
- United Arab Emirates Economic Overview 2015
- Oil Prices: Where, Why And What Next?
- Business optimism in the UAE has continued to grow steadily despite the recent instability within the oil & gas sector
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change
- Grant Thornton named as the Strategic Partners of the Year for 2015 with Middle East CFO Alliance
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Hotel 2020 report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Mass personalisation and digital are key for UAE Hotels in run up to 2020
- Women in Eastern Europe point the way to senior management whilst in the UAE the path to leadership gains further support from government initiatives
- Building momentum for the year ahead: Real Estate & Construction outlook
- US$250bn in overseas real estate investment driven by gut feeling rather than data
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'World’s Most Attractive Global Employers'
The price of crude oil has been in free fall over the last nine months or so, which has made headlines around the world and continues to do so. Brent crude was priced at $115 per barrel in June 2014 before taking a steep slide bringing it to a $45 per barrel range – almost a 60 per cent drop. Brent crude is a major trading classification of sweet light crude oil that serves as a major benchmark price for purchases of oil worldwide.
Business optimism in the UAE has continued to grow steadily despite the recent instability within the oil & gas sector
New research from the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR) reveals that while business confidence in 2014 climbed to levels not seen since before the financial crisis, a recent spate of uncertainty is weighing on growth prospects for the year ahead. With the price of oil plummeting, the future of the eurozone still far from secure, tensions in Ukraine and concern around the pace of the slowdown in China, the confidence of business leaders, especially in the world's largest three economies, has slipped as we enter 2015.
Grant Thornton, a leading international assurance and advisory firm and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the leading global professional accountancy body hosted a number of key influencers on the 7th of April 2015 at an event titled “The Future of Audit”, which set out to find how the audit environment is set to change to meet the evolving needs of the UAE economy.
Grant Thornton are pleased to announce that we are the Strategic Partners of the Year’ for 2015 with Middle East CFO Alliance. MECA CFO Alliance is an international CFO networking group that operates globally with its members based in over 20 countries.
Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Hotel 2020 report on Dubai Eye Radio
The hotel industry has lagged behind other sectors in adopting technology to meet customer led demand, according to a new report from Grant Thornton, the global professional services firm.
Women in Eastern Europe point the way to senior management whilst in the UAE the path to leadership gains further support from government initiatives
In mark of International Women’s Day, new research from Grant Thornton reveals that Eastern European countries dominate the international league table for senior female business leaders, including seven of the top ten, with Russia at number one.
The global economy has entered another period of uncertainty, with the Greek elections threatening to reignite the eurozone crisis and the dramatic fall in the oil price spooking markets.
Grant Thornton today announced record combined global revenues of US$4.7 billion driven by 4.6% growth in US dollars (4.9% in local currency) for the year ended 30 September 2014.
Grant Thornton donated USD30,950 to UNICEF UK as part of its ongoing association through the International Business Report (IBR). This takes the total donation made through the project over the past eight years to over US$360,000.