- News centre
- 2018 2018
- Global profit outlook weakens while GCC remains optimistic
- Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations
- Tax Procedures Law issued in the UAE
- VAT Alert - March 2017
- Cost of VAT to the insurance industry
- CFOs are urged to prepare now
- GCC nations plan simultaneous VAT rollout by 1 January 2018
- Leveraging ERP to create value
- VAT is set to truly be taxing
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
- Islamic Finance and Christian Finance: A shared heritage
- Annual global survey finds senior business roles held by women up slightly to 24%
- UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead.
- Strategic challenges highlighted for the UAE insurance sector
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Economic Outlook report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Islamic finance & oil prices: where to now?
- Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
- Hisham Farouk, CEO of Grant Thornton, says it would be advisable for companies to start considering ERP implementation prior to the official VAT date
- Middle East & Africa offers strong market growth for dynamic businesses, with the UAE leading in the region.
- Think responsibly: CSR reporting
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change say Grant Thornton and ACCA
- Digital: The next frontier for hotels
- Outsourcing: Going beyond technical expertise
- Dubai calling: Franchising opportunities in the gateway to the Middle East
- United Arab Emirates Economic Overview 2015
- Oil Prices: Where, Why And What Next?
- Business optimism in the UAE has continued to grow steadily despite the recent instability within the oil & gas sector
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change
- Grant Thornton named as the Strategic Partners of the Year for 2015 with Middle East CFO Alliance
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Hotel 2020 report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Mass personalisation and digital are key for UAE Hotels in run up to 2020
- Women in Eastern Europe point the way to senior management whilst in the UAE the path to leadership gains further support from government initiatives
- Building momentum for the year ahead: Real Estate & Construction outlook
- US$250bn in overseas real estate investment driven by gut feeling rather than data
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'World’s Most Attractive Global Employers'
It is a well-known fact that organisations invest a considerable amount of money and time in implementing their “Enterprise Resource Planning” (ERP) solutions. The combined software and hardware costs tend to be on the high side, with key members of staff typically spending upwards of three years supporting the implementation in some way.
Diversification, changing operating models and promoting smart initiatives led by technology and employment continue to be key trends as we move into Q1 2017. In order to promote diversification, governments across the region have introduced various initiatives to reduce the dependency on oil generated incomes and further stabilise the economy.
Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
Islamic finance is today widely accepted as a global USD 2 trillion industry offering banking, insurance and asset management services in over 75 countries around both the Islamic and non-Islamic world. In recent years, it has captured headlines in the Financial Times and Wall Street Journal and some of its leading executives have been interviewed on the BBC, CNN and Bloomberg. Most people today have some knowledge of Islamic finance but how many people have heard of its counterpart, Christian Finance?
On International Women’s Day, a new report based on the annual Grant Thornton survey of 5,520 businesses in 36 economies reveals a slight uptick of women in senior management positions from 22% to 24%, but a third of businesses still do not have women in leadership positions.
UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead whilst optimism around the world is slightly down from Q3 2015.
‘Strategic dilemmas in insurance’ released by Grant Thornton further identifies what insurance companies need to do now to embrace market changes this year.
Hisham Farouk, CEO of Grant Thornton speaks to Dubai Eye to share key insights from the Economic outlook report along with sharing his views on the recent VAT announcement.
Modern banks started offering Islamic finance in the mid-1970s. During that period, there were major developments in the Muslim world which included the oil boom, coupled with a greater sense of cultural awareness and pride as to the fact that the teachings of Islam encompass all aspects of life including how an individual conducts their financial and business affairs.
In order to enhance shareholder value and align employees’ efforts with this overarching objective, businesses have been introducing and implementing various performance management tools and techniques: strategy implementation dashboards, balanced scorecards, planning and budgeting methodologies, management reporting dashboards, product and service costing methodologies amongst others.