- News Centre
- Hisham Farouk talks with Gulf Business on our firm’s response to the pandemic
- For the SMEs outside of the banks’ radar - Al Bayan
- How startups and SMEs can navigate the COVID-19 crisis - EntrepreneurME
- Can EXPO 2020 be best experienced by the world in today's crisis?
- Dubai bank relief to avert defaults - Khaleej Times
- Coronavirus: Business owners hail Abu Dhabi stimulus package - Gulf News
- UAE businesses hail UAE Central Bank’s AED 100 bn stimulus - AMEinfo
- UAE banks will have to process consumer complaints within timeframe
- New workplace guidebook for students launches in the Emirates
- UAE businesses still have gaps in cyber space
- Online Recruitment Fraud - The Business Breakfast at Dubai Eye 103.8
- James Tebbs of Grant Thornton UAE: “To develop resilience, take responsibility for your mistakes”
- World's fourth largest: Dubai-Abu Dhabi gas field discovery to boost UAE’s economic growth
- Borrowing costs in UAE could drop in 2020
- Dubai Islamic shareholders approve the acquisition of "Noor Bank"
- Will UAE's mega plan to shape the next five decades boost business confidence?
- Saudi Aramco likely to hit $2trln valuation target
- How healthy is your VAT position?
- Financial experts welcome insolvency law for individuals
- Markets to stay bearish ahead of Aramco IPO
- Budget: Education gets front bench
- MEED Annual Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- FinTech Abu Dhabi culminates with focus on next generation
- ADGM welcomes Grant Thornton to its list of Professional Firms
- FinX Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- Case Study: Grant Thornton UAE achieve efficiency with ONESOURCE
- ICAEW adds Grant Thornton Exec to Corporate Finance Panel
- 2018 2018
- Global profit outlook weakens while GCC remains optimistic
- Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations
- Tax Procedures Law issued in the UAE
- VAT Alert - March 2017
- Cost of VAT to the insurance industry
- CFOs are urged to prepare now
- GCC nations plan simultaneous VAT rollout by 1 January 2018
- Leveraging ERP to create value
- VAT is set to truly be taxing
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
- Islamic Finance and Christian Finance: A shared heritage
- Annual global survey finds senior business roles held by women up slightly to 24%
- UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead.
- Strategic challenges highlighted for the UAE insurance sector
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Economic Outlook report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Islamic finance & oil prices: where to now?
- Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
- Hisham Farouk, CEO of Grant Thornton, says it would be advisable for companies to start considering ERP implementation prior to the official VAT date
- Middle East & Africa offers strong market growth for dynamic businesses, with the UAE leading in the region.
- Think responsibly: CSR reporting
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change say Grant Thornton and ACCA
- Digital: The next frontier for hotels
- Outsourcing: Going beyond technical expertise
- Dubai calling: Franchising opportunities in the gateway to the Middle East
- United Arab Emirates Economic Overview 2015
- Oil Prices: Where, Why And What Next?
- Business optimism in the UAE has continued to grow steadily despite the recent instability within the oil & gas sector
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change
- Grant Thornton named as the Strategic Partners of the Year for 2015 with Middle East CFO Alliance
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Hotel 2020 report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Mass personalisation and digital are key for UAE Hotels in run up to 2020
- Women in Eastern Europe point the way to senior management whilst in the UAE the path to leadership gains further support from government initiatives
- Building momentum for the year ahead: Real Estate & Construction outlook
- US$250bn in overseas real estate investment driven by gut feeling rather than data
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'World’s Most Attractive Global Employers'
The UAE economy is set to grow with significant pace in 2014 due to an overall positive outlook for sustainable growth, and with investors’ confidence building momentum. The UAE is particularly noted for having the dynamism of the west whilst maintaining the culture of the east.
The managing partner of Grant Thornton, the international accounting and consulting firm, Mr Farouk and his company have been in the country since before independence.
New research from the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR) reveals that global M&A activity has risen from this time last year, with dynamic businesses – the fastest growing, most agile companies in the survey – leading the way. The results confirm that leaders of the world's most progressive businesses view acquisitions as an important means to supplement and boost their existing operations.
New research from the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR) has revealed that while the overall proportion of women in senior business roles around the world has stalled, the proportion of female CEOs is on the rise. The research also shows a consistently high proportion of women in the role of CFO over the last few years, hinting at a link between the two, with more women making the well-travelled journey from running the finance department to running the company.
The Managing Partners' Forum, a professional body that celebrates the value of leadership and management excellence, has named Grant Thornton 'Best managed international firm.'
The majority of businesses in the real estate and construction sector are still not properly insulated against fraud and corruption according to the latest research from the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR). This comes despite warnings suggesting that such practices could account for as much as 10% of global sector revenues or around US$1 trillion, rising to US$1.5 trillion by 2025.
On the eve of International Women’s Day, new research from the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR) reveals that despite a groundswell of discussion and debate, the proportion of women holding the top jobs around the world remains at just under a quarter. The survey finds growing support for regulation around quotas to get women onto boards, but also several measures that businesses can take to facilitate the careers paths of women.
According to a new Grant Thornton report, the financial crisis has given birth to a superior environment for hotel finance. Lenders learning from past mistakes have undergone significant changes and are ramping up their levels of sophistication to better understand hotel businesses. Drawing on interviews with banks, private equity houses, advisers and hoteliers, the report calls for hotel businesses to address the way they deal with lenders and investors if they are to raise money in the new environment.
Social media is changing the global landscape for charities by providing new ways to reach strategic objectives. Many charities consider social media to be an important channel to deliver on their communications and fundraising goals. Some use social media to deliver services.
New research from Grant Thornton reveals a stark regional split in business leadership practices. While Asia Pacific and Latin American economies appear more open to the use of coaching, intuition and creativity, peers in Europe rely on more traditional practices. This split in leadership styles also closely mirrors a divergence in the proportion of women in senior positions.