- News Centre
- 2021 2021
- GT listed as ICV independent certifying body
- Introduction of VAT to give Oman's economy $780m boost
- Gulf Business: Grant Thornton's response to the pandemic
- Al Bayan - SMEs outside of the banks’ radar
- EntrepreneurME: How startups and SMEs can navigate COVID
- EXPO 2020: can it still be an experience?
- Dubai bank relief to avert defaults - Khaleej Times
- Gulf News: Business owners hail Abu Dhabi stimulus package
- AMEinfo: UAE Central Bank’s AED 100 bn stimulus
- UAE banks will have to process consumer complaints within timeframe
- New workplace guidebook for students launches in the Emirates
- UAE businesses still have gaps in cyber space
- The Business Breakfast: Online Recruitment Fraud
- James Tebbs: “Develop resilience, take responsibility for your mistakes”
- Dubai-Abu Dhabi gas field discovery to boost UAE’s economic growth
- Borrowing costs in UAE could drop in 2020
- Dubai Islamic shareholders approve the acquisition of "Noor Bank"
- Will UAE's mega plan to boost business confidence?
- Saudi Aramco likely to hit $2trln valuation target
- How healthy is your VAT position?
- Financial experts welcome insolvency law for individuals
- Markets to stay bearish ahead of Aramco IPO
- Budget: Education gets front bench
- MEED Annual Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- FinTech Abu Dhabi culminates with focus on next generation
- ADGM welcomes Grant Thornton to its list of Professional Firms
- FinX Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- Case Study: Grant Thornton UAE achieve efficiency with ONESOURCE
- ICAEW adds Grant Thornton Exec to Corporate Finance Panel
- 2018 2018
- Global profit outlook weakens while GCC remains optimistic
- Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations
- Tax Procedures Law issued in the UAE
- VAT Alert - March 2017
- Cost of VAT to the insurance industry
- CFOs are urged to prepare now
- GCC nations plan simultaneous VAT rollout by 1 January 2018
- Leveraging ERP to create value
- VAT is set to truly be taxing
- Grant Thornton: named 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
- Islamic Finance and Christian Finance: A shared heritage
- Survey: Female senior business roles up slightly to 24%
- UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead.
- Strategic challenges highlighted for the UAE insurance sector
- Dubai Eye: Hisham Farouk, insights from the Economic Outlook report
- Islamic finance & oil prices: where to now?
- Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
- Hisham Farouk: start considering ERP implementation
- 2015 2015
Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
In order to enhance shareholder value and align employees’ efforts with this overarching objective, businesses have been introducing and implementing various performance management tools and techniques: strategy implementation dashboards, balanced scorecards, planning and budgeting methodologies, management reporting dashboards, product and service costing methodologies amongst others.
Hisham Farouk: start considering ERP implementation
Hisham Farouk, CEO of Grant Thornton shares his insights with Wealth Monitor Magazine on what businesses can do now to prepare for the introduction of VAT. Considering that the UAE and other GCC countries are mulling over imposing VAT in the medium term, how businesses in the UAE can attune their processes to the impending tax and what measures companies must start considering now prior to the introduction of VAT?
Middle East & Africa offers strong market growth for businesses
The Middle East & North Africa ranks well above North America, Europe and Latin America in terms of market growth opportunities according to the Grant Thornton Global Dynamism Index (GDI) 2015. However, the region is lagging behind on a number of other indicators including labour market and financing environment.
Think responsibly: CSR reporting
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) reporting is an opportunity for a company to showcase its personality and ethics to its customers as well as the greater community. It highlights issues that are close to the company’s core values through the causes it contributes to, and the way in which those contribution are made.
Grant Thornton posts annual revenues of US$4.7 billion
Grant Thornton today announced record combined global revenues of US$4.7 billion driven by 4.6% growth in US dollars (4.9% in local currency) for the year ended 30 September 2014.
Growing business focus on sustainability in emerging markets
With momentum building towards the UN Climate Change Conference in Peru, new figures from Grant Thornton’s International Business Report (IBR), a survey of 2,500 companies in 34 economies, reveal that businesses leaders in emerging markets are more focused on the sustainability of their operations compared with peers in developed markets.
New styles of global leadership
New research from Grant Thornton reveals a stark regional split in business leadership practices. While Asia Pacific and Latin American economies appear more open to the use of coaching, intuition and creativity, peers in Europe rely on more traditional practices. This split in leadership styles also closely mirrors a divergence in the proportion of women in senior positions.