- News Centre
- 2021 2021
- GT listed as ICV independent certifying body
- Introduction of VAT to give Oman's economy $780m boost
- Gulf Business: Grant Thornton's response to the pandemic
- Al Bayan - SMEs outside of the banks’ radar
- EntrepreneurME: How startups and SMEs can navigate COVID
- EXPO 2020: can it still be an experience?
- Dubai bank relief to avert defaults - Khaleej Times
- Gulf News: Business owners hail Abu Dhabi stimulus package
- AMEinfo: UAE Central Bank’s AED 100 bn stimulus
- UAE banks will have to process consumer complaints within timeframe
- New workplace guidebook for students launches in the Emirates
- UAE businesses still have gaps in cyber space
- The Business Breakfast: Online Recruitment Fraud
- James Tebbs: “Develop resilience, take responsibility for your mistakes”
- Dubai-Abu Dhabi gas field discovery to boost UAE’s economic growth
- Borrowing costs in UAE could drop in 2020
- Dubai Islamic shareholders approve the acquisition of "Noor Bank"
- Will UAE's mega plan to boost business confidence?
- Saudi Aramco likely to hit $2trln valuation target
- How healthy is your VAT position?
- Financial experts welcome insolvency law for individuals
- Markets to stay bearish ahead of Aramco IPO
- Budget: Education gets front bench
- MEED Annual Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- FinTech Abu Dhabi culminates with focus on next generation
- ADGM welcomes Grant Thornton to its list of Professional Firms
- FinX Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- Case Study: Grant Thornton UAE achieve efficiency with ONESOURCE
- ICAEW adds Grant Thornton Exec to Corporate Finance Panel
- 2018 2018
- Global profit outlook weakens while GCC remains optimistic
- Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations
- Tax Procedures Law issued in the UAE
- VAT Alert - March 2017
- Cost of VAT to the insurance industry
- CFOs are urged to prepare now
- GCC nations plan simultaneous VAT rollout by 1 January 2018
- Leveraging ERP to create value
- VAT is set to truly be taxing
- Grant Thornton: named 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
- Islamic Finance and Christian Finance: A shared heritage
- Survey: Female senior business roles up slightly to 24%
- UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead.
- Strategic challenges highlighted for the UAE insurance sector
- Dubai Eye: Hisham Farouk, insights from the Economic Outlook report
- Islamic finance & oil prices: where to now?
- Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
- Hisham Farouk: start considering ERP implementation
- 2015 2015
ICAEW adds Grant Thornton Exec to Corporate Finance Panel
Consultancy Middle East - The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales has added four new faces to its panel of local corporate finance experts, including executives from Grant Thornton.
Arab News interview on the Gulf's recent transformation
Read Hishams's full interview with Arab News and understand the firm's view on the regional transformation, Expo 2020 and Saudi's Vision 2030.
Hotel Re-Generate: mega trends impacting hotels
Hotels must speed up the shift to tech-enabled practices to remain relevant in this age of tech-disruption, shifting socio-dynamics and evolving guest preferences.
Gender balance in leadership roles remains elusive in the UAE
In the UAE, just 5.5% of leadership positions in the private sector are held by women. Policies alone are not enough to drive real progress according to Grant Thornton UAE’s annual Women in Business report.
Global profit outlook weakens while GCC remains optimistic
A report by Grant Thornton has found that, like their global counterparts, the Gulf Cooperative Council (GCC) countries of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), highlights two key features of regional labour markets. There is a general skills shortage as the region embarks on ambitious programmes toward significantly more diversified economies. Over the long-term, though, the economies will be transformed for the better by innovative use of labour-saving technology.
Tax Procedures Law issued in the UAE
His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE has approved Law No. 7 of 2017 issuing the Tax Procedure Law (‘the Law’). The Law shall be regulated by the recently formed Federal Tax Authority (FTA) of the UAE by the Ministry of Finance.
Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations
Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations, which will now be open to public consultation.
VAT Alert - March 2017
In recent development on the implementation in the UAE, the Public Revenue Department of the Ministry of Finance have today initiated the first of a series of public engagement workshops for practitioners and businesses. The session was well attended with over 500 practitioners who were briefed on the proposed VAT law.
GCC nations plan simultaneous VAT rollout by 1 January 2018
Policy makers in the six-nation Gulf Co-operation Council are aiming to introduce a 5% Value Added Tax (VAT) within the UAE on 1 January 2018.
CFOs are urged to prepare now
With only 11 months to go before the launch of VAT, CFOs are urged to prepare now says Grant Thornton.