- News Centre
- 2021 2021
- GT listed as ICV independent certifying body
- Introduction of VAT to give Oman's economy $780m boost
- Gulf Business: Grant Thornton's response to the pandemic
- Al Bayan - SMEs outside of the banks’ radar
- EntrepreneurME: How startups and SMEs can navigate COVID
- EXPO 2020: can it still be an experience?
- Dubai bank relief to avert defaults - Khaleej Times
- Gulf News: Business owners hail Abu Dhabi stimulus package
- AMEinfo: UAE Central Bank’s AED 100 bn stimulus
- UAE banks will have to process consumer complaints within timeframe
- New workplace guidebook for students launches in the Emirates
- UAE businesses still have gaps in cyber space
- The Business Breakfast: Online Recruitment Fraud
- James Tebbs: “Develop resilience, take responsibility for your mistakes”
- Dubai-Abu Dhabi gas field discovery to boost UAE’s economic growth
- Borrowing costs in UAE could drop in 2020
- Dubai Islamic shareholders approve the acquisition of "Noor Bank"
- Will UAE's mega plan to boost business confidence?
- Saudi Aramco likely to hit $2trln valuation target
- How healthy is your VAT position?
- Financial experts welcome insolvency law for individuals
- Markets to stay bearish ahead of Aramco IPO
- Budget: Education gets front bench
- MEED Annual Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- FinTech Abu Dhabi culminates with focus on next generation
- ADGM welcomes Grant Thornton to its list of Professional Firms
- FinX Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- Case Study: Grant Thornton UAE achieve efficiency with ONESOURCE
- ICAEW adds Grant Thornton Exec to Corporate Finance Panel
- 2018 2018
- Global profit outlook weakens while GCC remains optimistic
- Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations
- Tax Procedures Law issued in the UAE
- VAT Alert - March 2017
- Cost of VAT to the insurance industry
- CFOs are urged to prepare now
- GCC nations plan simultaneous VAT rollout by 1 January 2018
- Leveraging ERP to create value
- VAT is set to truly be taxing
- Grant Thornton: named 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
- Islamic Finance and Christian Finance: A shared heritage
- Survey: Female senior business roles up slightly to 24%
- UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead.
- Strategic challenges highlighted for the UAE insurance sector
- Dubai Eye: Hisham Farouk, insights from the Economic Outlook report
- Islamic finance & oil prices: where to now?
- Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
- Hisham Farouk: start considering ERP implementation
- 2015 2015
AMEinfo: UAE Central Bank’s AED 100 bn stimulus
Business houses across the country have welcomed the much-needed AED 100 billion ($27.2bn) economic stimulus plan announced by the UAE Central Bank on Saturday. The stimulus measure is part of a comprehensive action plan to help corporates and customers overcome the liquidity and solvency crisis, at a time when the coronavirus outbreak and the oil price collapse are adversely affecting deposits and lending.
UAE banks will have to process consumer complaints within timeframe
Banks and financial institutions in the UAE will have to process consumer complaints within a certain timeframe and also give clear reasons in writing on the matter under the new framework which the Central Bank is developing
New workplace guidebook for students launches in the Emirates
A free careers book for students has been launched in the Emirates with the support of professional services firms Grant Thornton and PwC.
UAE businesses still have gaps in cyber space
Even with cyber attacks an ever present danger, UAE businesses are just not doing enough to keep data safe.
James Tebbs: “Develop resilience, take responsibility for your mistakes”
In this interview series, we are exploring the subject of resilience among successful business leaders. Resilience is one characteristic that many successful leaders share in common, and in many cases it is the most important trait necessary to survive and thrive in today’s complex market.
The Business Breakfast: Online Recruitment Fraud
Dubai police have arrested a gang of cyber criminals trying to steal up to a billion dollars in an employment scam. We speak to a legal forensics expert about how to spot - and avoid - online recruitment fraud. James Tebbs is a Forensics Advisory Partner at Grant Thornton.
Dubai-Abu Dhabi gas field discovery to boost UAE’s economic growth
The massive gas discovery announced by the UAE authorities on Monday combined with recent oil and gas finds are expected to make the country energy self-sufficient while boosting the oil-GDP [gross domestic product] and external balances, according to economists and oil industry experts.
Borrowing costs in UAE could drop in 2020
Borrowing costs for personal, auto, and home loans in the UAE are most likely to remain stable, or could slightly drop in 2020.
Dubai Islamic shareholders approve the acquisition of "Noor Bank"
Dubai Islamic Bank shareholders have approved the acquisition of Noor Bank, subject to the approval of the appropriate regulatory authorities and through the entry of strategic partners.
Will UAE's mega plan to boost business confidence?
The UAE government’s latest initiative to build a comprehensive plan for the next 50 years is expected boost business confidence in the country, analysts confirm.