- News Centre
- Hisham Farouk talks with Gulf Business on our firm’s response to the pandemic
- For the SMEs outside of the banks’ radar - Al Bayan
- How startups and SMEs can navigate the COVID-19 crisis - EntrepreneurME
- Can EXPO 2020 be best experienced by the world in today's crisis?
- Dubai bank relief to avert defaults - Khaleej Times
- Coronavirus: Business owners hail Abu Dhabi stimulus package - Gulf News
- UAE businesses hail UAE Central Bank’s AED 100 bn stimulus - AMEinfo
- UAE banks will have to process consumer complaints within timeframe
- New workplace guidebook for students launches in the Emirates
- UAE businesses still have gaps in cyber space
- Online Recruitment Fraud - The Business Breakfast at Dubai Eye 103.8
- James Tebbs of Grant Thornton UAE: “To develop resilience, take responsibility for your mistakes”
- World's fourth largest: Dubai-Abu Dhabi gas field discovery to boost UAE’s economic growth
- Borrowing costs in UAE could drop in 2020
- Dubai Islamic shareholders approve the acquisition of "Noor Bank"
- Will UAE's mega plan to shape the next five decades boost business confidence?
- Saudi Aramco likely to hit $2trln valuation target
- How healthy is your VAT position?
- Financial experts welcome insolvency law for individuals
- Markets to stay bearish ahead of Aramco IPO
- Budget: Education gets front bench
- MEED Annual Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- FinTech Abu Dhabi culminates with focus on next generation
- ADGM welcomes Grant Thornton to its list of Professional Firms
- FinX Awards audited by Grant Thornton UAE
- Case Study: Grant Thornton UAE achieve efficiency with ONESOURCE
- ICAEW adds Grant Thornton Exec to Corporate Finance Panel
- 2018 2018
- Global profit outlook weakens while GCC remains optimistic
- Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations
- Tax Procedures Law issued in the UAE
- VAT Alert - March 2017
- Cost of VAT to the insurance industry
- CFOs are urged to prepare now
- GCC nations plan simultaneous VAT rollout by 1 January 2018
- Leveraging ERP to create value
- VAT is set to truly be taxing
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
- Islamic Finance and Christian Finance: A shared heritage
- Annual global survey finds senior business roles held by women up slightly to 24%
- UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead.
- Strategic challenges highlighted for the UAE insurance sector
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Economic Outlook report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Islamic finance & oil prices: where to now?
- Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
- Hisham Farouk, CEO of Grant Thornton, says it would be advisable for companies to start considering ERP implementation prior to the official VAT date
- Middle East & Africa offers strong market growth for dynamic businesses, with the UAE leading in the region.
- Think responsibly: CSR reporting
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change say Grant Thornton and ACCA
- Digital: The next frontier for hotels
- Outsourcing: Going beyond technical expertise
- Dubai calling: Franchising opportunities in the gateway to the Middle East
- United Arab Emirates Economic Overview 2015
- Oil Prices: Where, Why And What Next?
- Business optimism in the UAE has continued to grow steadily despite the recent instability within the oil & gas sector
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change
- Grant Thornton named as the Strategic Partners of the Year for 2015 with Middle East CFO Alliance
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Hotel 2020 report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Mass personalisation and digital are key for UAE Hotels in run up to 2020
- Women in Eastern Europe point the way to senior management whilst in the UAE the path to leadership gains further support from government initiatives
- Building momentum for the year ahead: Real Estate & Construction outlook
- US$250bn in overseas real estate investment driven by gut feeling rather than data
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'World’s Most Attractive Global Employers'
“Agility and responsiveness have always been an essential part of our firm’s DNA. We have successfully transitioned from the outset of the pandemic by leveraging our technological infrastructure, and making sure our internal communications and client commitments were not disrupted. Above all, we have done so by prioritising our people’s health and protecting our markets and communities in the process”. - Hisham Farouk speaking with Gulf Business on our firm’s response to the pandemic.
SMEs are an integral part of the UAE with their survival and success having a direct impact on the economy’s well-being. They are also the catalysts that help the UAE accelerate its innovation agendas and to remain competitive at a global scale.
The COVID-19 pandemic developed as a health crisis, moved on to becoming an economic concern, and now has transformed into a recession hard to stave off.
The true impact of the pandemic is not going to be known for a while and no one knows for certain when the world will completely return back to normal - this uncertainty is here to stay for quite some time.
The relief package rolled out by Dubai banks for small, medium and large businesses on Saturday will ease pressure, allow better financial management and save many firms from defaulting on their payments, according to executives of top UAE-based companies.
Abu Dhabi: SME owners and business leaders in the UAE have hailed the initiatives announced today to aid Abu Dhabi-based businesses grappling with the coronavirus impact.
Business houses across the country have welcomed the much-needed AED 100 billion ($27.2bn) economic stimulus plan announced by the UAE Central Bank on Saturday. The stimulus measure is part of a comprehensive action plan to help corporates and customers overcome the liquidity and solvency crisis, at a time when the coronavirus outbreak and the oil price collapse are adversely affecting deposits and lending.
Banks and financial institutions in the UAE will have to process consumer complaints within a certain timeframe and also give clear reasons in writing on the matter under the new framework which the Central Bank is developing
A free careers book for students has been launched in the Emirates with the support of professional services firms Grant Thornton and PwC.
Even with cyber attacks an ever present danger, UAE businesses are just not doing enough to keep data safe.