Haroon is a partner and leads the Restructuring Advisory department at Grant Thornton UAE. Haroon has over 14 years’ experience in delivering restructuring and insolvency mandates at the board level to executive management, lenders and other high-profile stakeholders. In the UK he helped establish and lead regionally KPMG’s mid-market debt advisory offering that focused on raising debt funding for stressed clients.
Haroon has extensive experience within both the public and private sector on a range of services including accelerated M&A, developing turnaround proposals, refinancing, cash management, working capital optimisation, independent business reviews and cost reduction. He has also led on high profile insolvencies within the UAE. Haroon has vast international experience including a secondment to KPMG’s Restructuring practice in Singapore and has investment banking experience with Merrill Lynch in New York.
Haroon has worked across sectors, including real estate, retail, oil and gas, financial services, manufacturing, commodities, recruitment and healthcare.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Manchester. He is a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland. Haroon has completed the IFT Academy with the Institute of Turnaround in the United Kingdom. He holds a Certificate of Proficiency from the Insolvency Practitioners Association and is licensed as an Insolvency Practitioner with the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM).
- BA (Hons) Economics, University of Manchester
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- IFT Academy, Institute of Turnaround in the United Kingdom
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency (CPI), Insolvency Practitioners Association (IPA) UK
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner in the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM)