- News centre
- VAT is set to truly be taxing, with the next 13 months being crucial
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
- Islamic Finance and Christian Finance: A shared heritage
- Annual global survey finds senior business roles held by women up slightly to 24%
- UAE businesses remain cautiously optimistic for the year ahead.
- Strategic challenges highlighted for the UAE insurance sector
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Economic Outlook report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Islamic finance & oil prices: where to now?
- Integrated Performance Management: How is it aligned with shareholder value?
- Hisham Farouk, CEO of Grant Thornton, says it would be advisable for companies to start considering ERP implementation prior to the official VAT date
- Middle East & Africa offers strong market growth for dynamic businesses, with the UAE leading in the region.
- Think responsibly: CSR reporting
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change say Grant Thornton and ACCA
- Digital: The next frontier for hotels
- Outsourcing: Going beyond technical expertise
- Dubai calling: Franchising opportunities in the gateway to the Middle East
- United Arab Emirates Economic Overview 2015
- Oil Prices: Where, Why And What Next?
- Business optimism in the UAE has continued to grow steadily despite the recent instability within the oil & gas sector
- The future of Audit is set to transform in the UAE, leading way to change
- Grant Thornton named as the Strategic Partners of the Year for 2015 with Middle East CFO Alliance
- Hisham Farouk, CEO shares insights from the Hotel 2020 report on Dubai Eye Radio
- Mass personalisation and digital are key for UAE Hotels in run up to 2020
- Women in Eastern Europe point the way to senior management whilst in the UAE the path to leadership gains further support from government initiatives
- Building momentum for the year ahead: Real Estate & Construction outlook
- US$250bn in overseas real estate investment driven by gut feeling rather than data
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'World’s Most Attractive Global Employers'
- New audit regulation in Abu Dhabi leads the way to change
- Finding the right external auditor
- Start-up to IPO
- Across the borders
- The European audit reform leads way to change which could also benefit the UAE
- Bridging the gap in private M&A transactions - from a MENA perspective
- UAE: the case for business
- Grant Thornton UAE becomes a DMCC approved reviewer
- With better access to VCs, banks can help UAE SMEs
- Economic optimism in the UAE is the highest since 2010
- A defining period for UAE capital markets
- Hisham Farouk is the right-hand man for Dubai families
- Ability to inspire seen as a key leadership attribute in the UAE
- Guiding SME Growth
- Islamic Finance - What's in it for me?
- UAE business optimism sees a significant increase on 2014 growth prospects
- Hisham Farouk discusses his inspirational journey with Shane Phillips on Dubai Eye Radio
- OECD BEPS project faces uphill battle in reducing business scepticism on intergovernmental tax action
- Global private equity report 2014/15
- Mining M&A expected to double as market elements align
- Businesses in mature markets break investment inertia
- Good CSR makes good business sense
- Hisham Farouk discusses the 'Hunger for Growth' report on Radio 1
- Dubai is officially announced as the host of Expo 2020
- Investing in SMEs
- Global survey finds UAE business leaders optimistic on growth prospects ranking higher than the US
- Grant Thornton supports Dubai's Expo 2020 bid
- Outsourcing enables growth
- Managing Partner, Hisham Farouk interviewed live on CNBC Arabia
- Grant Thornton discusses the importance of SMEs and the financing environment on Dubai Eye Radio
- UAE ranks as seventh best financing environment in the world for growing businesses
- 'Tech crunch' : IT negligence is seen as a major constraint on growth.
- UAE home to third most confident business community in the world
- Dynamic changes in the Boardroom by Hisham Farouk
- Gender Agenda by Hisham Farouk
His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE has approved Law No. 7 of 2017 issuing the Tax Procedure Law (‘the Law’). The Law shall be regulated by the recently formed Federal Tax Authority (FTA) of the UAE by the Ministry of Finance.
Saudi Arabia releases its draft VAT implementation regulations, which will now be open to public consultation.
In recent development on the implementation in the UAE, the Public Revenue Department of the Ministry of Finance have today initiated the first of a series of public engagement workshops for practitioners and businesses. The session was well attended with over 500 practitioners who were briefed on the proposed VAT law.
With only 11 months to go before the launch of VAT, CFOs are urged to prepare now says Grant Thornton’s Head of Tax and VAT, Gurdeep Randhay.
Policy makers in the six-nation Gulf Co-operation Council are aiming to introduce a 5% Value Added Tax (VAT) within the UAE on 1 January 2018.
On 14 February 2017, international accountancy firm Grant Thornton in the UAE in partnership with the DIFC Insurance Association, hosted a VAT seminar discussion on the topic: "VAT and the challenges which the insurance industry needed to be prepared for”.
It is a well-known fact that organisations invest a considerable amount of money and time in implementing their “Enterprise Resource Planning” (ERP) solutions. The combined software and hardware costs tend to be on the high side, with key members of staff typically spending upwards of three years supporting the implementation in some way.
Diversification, changing operating models and promoting smart initiatives led by technology and employment continue to be key trends as we move into Q1 2017. In order to promote diversification, governments across the region have introduced various initiatives to reduce the dependency on oil generated incomes and further stabilize the economy.
Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'Worlds Most Attractive Global Employers'
Islamic finance is today widely accepted as a global USD 2 trillion industry offering banking, insurance and asset management services in over 75 countries around both the Islamic and non-Islamic world. In recent years, it has captured headlines in the Financial Times and Wall Street Journal and some of its leading executives have been interviewed on the BBC, CNN and Bloomberg. Most people today have some knowledge of Islamic finance but how many people have heard of its counterpart, Christian Finance?